It was a promise made long ago. Months later (and one pain set of reviews, too), the prophecy is about to be revealed. That's right; Mark is going to watch the Twilight film. The whole thing. Willingly. To commend such a terrible, terrible decision, we're hosting a party here on Buzznet and all you who own or don't have any shame in renting this movie can pop in your copies at a specific time and join in on the fun. And by fun, we mean, "extended amounts of personal torture." Intrigued? Then it's time for Mark to watch Twilight.
So here's how this is going to work:
- Bookmark or save this journal URL. This is the actual blog we'll use to have our party. (Can we call it that?)
- The actual date for the liveblog will be Thursday, September 10, at 5:00pm PST. That's 8:00pm on the east coast and....like 4:00am in London. Ouch. Why.
- We aren't streaming Twilight. I would kill myself if that happened. Grab your copy. Rent it. Steal it. I don't care. Actually, I don't condone theft, but I'm not going to screen your comments.
- At precisely 5:00pm PST time, start the film.
- Unlike traditional liveblogs, I'm not going to edit this journal with my commentary. I'll just provide it below in the comments.
- Comment like crazy below. The end.
I expect the lot of you to give up your social lives Thursday evening for me. Thanks in advance.
IT'S ALMOST TIME HOLD ON WE ARE MAKING POPCORN.